Position Title: Director of Child Development Center
Department: Child Development Center
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Direct Supervisor of: Child Development Center Team
Tier: Department Leaders
Work Schedule: M - F
Date of this Description: July 1, 2020
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The vision of Highland Park Presbyterian Church is to lead all generations to become transformed followers of Jesus, for the flourishing of our city and beyond.
The Child Development Center seeks to advance and support that vision through caring for and communicating the love of Jesus to the youngest of our community.
The Director of the Child Development Center supports and leads the CDC team and the vision for Highland Park Presbyterian Church by encouraging and leading the teachers towards personal and professional growth and development and providing loving service to the families participating in the program.
DESIRED RESULTS/IMPACT OF THIS POSITION
- Maximized enrollment
- On target with budget goals
- Positive feedback from staff and parents
- Joyful Child Development Center community
- Define, uphold and communicate the mission of the CDC to staff and the general public
- Stay current in learning in the area of child development to better serve the community
- Set and enforce expectations and procedures for student conduct
- Set and enforce expectations and procedures for professional conduct of staff
- Ensure professional growth of staff is continual, through guest speakers, workshops and on-site learning communities
- Make formal and informal observations of staff and counsel them on professional development/monitor continuous growth
- Provide an atmosphere that upholds the church’s core values and that provides encouragement for teachers, staff, and volunteers
- Ensure proper staffing
- Ensure best practices for childcare programs are enforced, including licensing requirements
SKILL AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Able to manage the vision and purpose of early childhood education philosophy, while enhancing the diversity and inclusion of thought, experience and cultures within an education setting.
- Strong business acumen with ability to make decisions and positively influence the customer experience.
- Effective leadership that will motivate the various constituencies to be strong stakeholders.
- High sense of integrity with ability to maintain composure and relate well to individuals of all levels, experiences, and backgrounds.
- Able to effectively manage conflict, set priorities and inform/communicate with proper constituents.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Texas Childcare Director License required
- Experience: 3 years in Teaching experience in an accredited school or licensed child care (If experience less than 3 years, must be able to meet State Licensing Director Qualifications)
- Leadership experience required
- Frequent lifting under 30 lb
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Loves Jesus, the people of HP Pres, the city of Dallas and the world
- Acts as an advocate of the culture and vision of HP Pres
- Christian Faith aligned with the beliefs of HP Pres
- Commits to and exhibits the Core Values of HP Pres
- We create value
- We actively grow
- We invest in relationships