Position Title: Director of Elementary Ministry (Grades 1-4)
Direct Supervisor of: Associate Director of Elementary
Department: Kids and Students
Tier: Program Leaders
Classifications: Full Time, Exempt
Work Schedule: S-Th
Reports to: Minister to Families, Kids, and Students
Ideal Candidate: Experience in an Education setting, with a passion for sharing Jesus with winsomeness, infectious excitement and a clear, organized plan
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The vision of Highland Park Presbyterian Church is to lead all generations to become transformed followers of Jesus, for the flourishing of our city and beyond.
The Highland Kids + Families Department seeks to advance that vision through proclaiming the Gospel, equipping and resourcing families for life and godliness, and discipling the next generation of believers to be Christ followers.
DESIRED RESULTS/IMPACT OF THIS POSITION
- Well executed weekly planning and facilitating of all programming environments
- Excellent communication between HK staff team and other departments, parents, volunteers and kids
- Increased participation in our milestone pathway classes “Come to the Table” and “Bible Sunday” and “Baptism”
- Welcoming, enthusiastic, and organized presence at weekly gathering environments
- Progress toward Vision 100 Goal: “New Followers of Jesus” as evidenced by kids trusting in Jesus for salvation through contact work, ministry environements, trips, and events
- Progress toward Vision 100 goal: 100% of our Covenant Partners Growing in their Faith as evidenced by increasing volunteerism with new volunteers in the area of ministry you are leading out.
- Oversee ministry to Elementary kids and families in partnership with the Minister to Families, Kids, and Students
- Establish annual ministry goals with Elementary staff and leaders that are consistent with overall church mission, vision and values
- Provide support and development (training and supervising) and nurturing of Elementary staff and volunteers
- Provide administrative leadership, long-range planning, budgeting, and calendaring for weekly Elementary Ministry in conjunction with the greater church ministries and vision
- Manage HK Ministry operations with Highland Kids Coordinator utilizing all platforms…. HUB, Teams, Zoom, social media, web etc.
- Create and maintain annual calendar of events (VBS, Advent fest, Lemonade stand, etc.), programs, trips, and retreats utilizing the calendaring process
- Communications- coordinate with Communications Department to ensure effective overall communication of HK Ministries to parents, volunteers, and the general body of the church.
- Manage an annual budget that reflects Highland Kids annual goals and vision
- Collaborate with other departments and ministry areas of HP Pres to ensure synchronicity, alignment and efficiency of ministry
- Ensure that all volunteers comply with the Child Protection Policy, including: screening, background checks, safety training, etc.
- Supervision of the Associate Director of Elementary Ministry
- Motivates and empowers team members; sets expectations
- Holds regularly scheduled team meetings and keeps team informed
- Holds team accountable to outcomes, responsibilities and workplace expectations listed on position description, including regular reviews and personal development plans
- Works with HR and immediate supervisor in hiring, development, and offboarding process
- Approves Time-off, time-sheets, over-time, comp-time etc.
- Oversees budget for Elementary Ministry
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILL, ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: At least 3-5 years of experience in Children’s Ministry work
- Knowledge and Skills: Intermediate to advanced level of Microsoft Office software
- Creative, energetic self-starter
- Able to work within a budget
- Exhibits relational and leadership skills
- Ease with speaking to large groups effectively, projecting joy, creatively and enthusiasm
- Takes initiative to execute
- Loves Jesus, the people of HP Pres, the city of Dallas and the world
- Acts as an advocate of the culture and vision of HP Pres
- Christian Faith aligned with the beliefs of HP Pres
- Commits to and exhibits the Core Values of HP Pres
- We create value
- We actively grow
- We invest in relationships