Position Title: Director of All Nations
Department: All Nations
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt
Reports to: Pastor of All Nations
Direct Supervisor of: All Nations
Tier: Program Leader
Work Schedule: Fulltime 40 Hours
Sunday through Thursday
Purpose of This Position
The vision of Highland Park Presbyterian Church is to lead all generations to become transformed followers of Jesus, for the flourishing of our city and beyond.
The All Nations at HPPC seeks to advance and support that vision through fostering a community that is a great place for immigrant and their families to feel safe and at home through Christ-Centered worship, service, and fellowship.
The Director of All Nations supports the All Nations-HPPC Ministry and the vision for Highland Park Presbyterian Church by leading, development and oversight of children, youth, and young adult’s ministry. Responsibilities include participating in developing building a team of volunteers to implement ministry, actively connecting with children, youth and young adults and their parents, and leading them to become transformed followers of Jesus Christ.
Desired Results/Impact of This Position
- Efficient and effective administrative processes
- Positive feedback from staff and congregation regarding customer service
- Work with ANLT, AN-Community Leaders, Worship Leaders, and Care Ministry leaders to plan and carry out ministry, by and with the children, youth and young adults in wide ranging, programs that include worship, fellowship, service, and outreach opportunities
- Balanced budget
Key Responsibilities will vary
- Answer phones and direct calls as needed
- Complete monthly expense report
- Oversee and coordinates the children’s, youth and Young Adults including but not limited to Sunday schools, Wednesday nights, VBS, Christmas program and other special events. This includes recruiting and scheduling volunteers for various ministry areas. Ensuring childcare policies, always ensuring safety of children, resources etc.
- In collaboration with All Nations Pastor, help recruit and train volunteers to help lead and implement the ministry. Support our volunteers so that they may support our children and youth. Actively advocate for youth/young adults that they are welcome, loved and cared.
- Attend staff meetings and meet with AN Pastor weekly and as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by All Nations Pastor to include assisting with Sunday Worship, Wednesday prayer fellowship, assist with Community Groups etc.
- Provide teachings rooted in the Bible that can be applied to students’ everyday life that are safe, relevant, intentional, in building disciples of Jesus Christ
Supervision of Volunteers and worship Leaders
- Motivates and empowers team
- Holds regularly schedule team meeting and keeps them informed
- Holds team accountable to outcomes and workplace expectations listed on position description, including regular reviews
- Works with HR and immediate supervisor in hiring and offboarding process
Education, Experience, Skill, Ability Requirements
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or students in college are welcome to apply
- Experience: 3 years in admin role. Ministry experience a plus
- Skills: Microsoft office, financial management software, database management
- Abilities: frequent lifting under 30 lb; ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Frequent lifting under 30 lb
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Ability and flexibility to work with multi-generation/multi-cultural groups.
- Flexibility in working hours.
- Loves Jesus, the people of HP Pres, the city of Dallas and the world
- Acts as an advocate of the culture and vision of HP Pres
- Christian Faith aligned with the beliefs of HP Pres
- Commits to and exhibits the Core Values of HP Pres
- We create value
- We actively grow
- We invest in relationships