Position Title: Building Engineer
Direct Supervisor of: N/A
Tier: Implementation Team
Work Schedule: Open availability
Reports to: Director of Facilities
Purpose of This Position
The vision of Highland Park Presbyterian Church is to lead all generations to become transformed followers of Jesus, for the flourishing of our city and beyond.
The Facilities Department seeks to advance that vision through providing a safe, clean work environment
Desired Results/Impact of This Position
- Troubleshoot, repair and or maintain the following:
- All building and FF&E
- Air conditioning and Refrigeration equipment
- Electrical systems
- Mechanical equipment, IE motors, starters, pumps, fans, generators and chillers
- Plumbing and drains
- Pneumatic and electronic systems and controls
- Assist in cost control: Heat, Power, Light, Sewer and Water.
- Follow all OSHA standards and procedures.
- Perform PMs throughout facility on all equipment.
- Responsiveness to urgent room needs (i.e., spill clean-ups, repairs, temperature adjustments, etc.) are within 10 minutes of notification
- Assigned areas/rooms will be immediately ready for the next event 100% of the time, with furniture neatly placed, free of trash and clutter, vacuumed/mopped, disinfected and sanitized. Complete minor repairs in rooms including touch up painting, caulking, light bulb replacement, etc.
- Positive feedback from event organizers, to include feedback on customer service and accuracy. Practice common hospitality while preforming job duties.
- Use the lockout/tagout system before performing any maintenance work.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing, and employ proper lifting procedures as necessary to avoid injury.
- Follow hazardous material management program procedures for handling and disposal of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc. including using Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Fix minor plumbing, HVAC, and mechanical problems using appropriate company processes and procedures.
- Perform a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, and polishing
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment though out the entire building
- Protect equipment and make sure there are no inadequacies
- Notify superiors on any damages, deficits, and disturbances
- Deal with reasonable complaints/requests with professionalism and patience
- Check stocking levels of all consumables and replace when appropriate
- Adhere strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of any company-related practices
Education, Experience, Skill, Ability Requirements
- Proven experience as a Building Engineer or Service Technician
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Customer-oriented and friendly
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Working quickly without compromising quality
- Knowledge of English language
- High school degree
- Abilities: This position requires continuous walking, standing and lifting throughout the shift
- Basic repair and maintenance skills to include painting, changing light bulbs, doing minor repairs.
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and drywall
- Loves Jesus, the people of HP Pres, the city of Dallas and the world
- Acts as an advocate of the culture and vision of HP Pres
- Christian Faith aligned with the beliefs of HP Pres
- Commits to and exhibits the Core Values of HP Pres
- We create value
- We actively grow
- We invest in relationships