Position Title: Associate Director – Middle School Boys
Direct Supervisor of: N/A
Department: Highland Kids + Students + Families
Tier: Implementation Team
Work Schedule: Su-Th
Reports to: Director of Student Ministry
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The vision of Highland Park Presbyterian Church is to lead all generations to become transformed followers of Jesus, for the flourishing of our city and beyond.
The Highland Kids + Students + Families Department seeks to advance that vision through proclaiming the Gospel, equipping and resourcing families for life and godliness, and discipling the next generation of believers to be Christ followers.
DESIRED RESULTS/IMPACT OF THIS POSITION
- Progress toward Vision 100 Goal: “New Followers of Jesus” as evidenced by kids trusting in Jesus for salvation through one on one contact work, Ministry environements or trips and events
- Partnership with parents with weekly communication of resources and encouragement
- Progress toward Vision100 goal: 100% of our Covenant Partners Growing in their Faith as evidenced by increasing volunteerism with new volunteers in the area of ministry you are leading out.
- Increased participation in our ministry environements by both volunteers and kids/students.
KEY RESULTS YOU CAN EXPECT TO RECEIVE
- Practical ministry training through 12 skills of a leader. 6 Hard skills (what a leader does) and 6 soft skills ( who a leader is). An overview of all the skills will be trained together. Then each month one of these skills will be trained more fully with immediate practical ministry application.
- Personal Mentoring and Shepherding- A monthly scheduled time of investment personally, socially, and spiritually.
- Hands on leadership over a specific age group of Highland Students
- Opportunities to help with main worship service elements.
40% - Contact work with kids / students, parents, and lay leaders
- Relationship building.
- Meeting for meals, sports, etc.
- Attending school lunches
- Attending games, concerts, etc.
- Work to develop new relationships with kids/students, parents and volunteers
- Meet with volunteers and parents regularly to build rapport and to partner in discipleship
- Meet with other local area ministry leaders (church and para-church) to partner in discipleship of kids and students in our area for greater impact
- Connect with kids and families at HP Pres Sunday morning main worship services
- Attend all ministry area events, which include mission trips, retreats, parties, weekly programming, etc.
- Attend possible other ministry area events
- Return phone calls and emails in a professional and timely manner (24 hrs
40% - Ministry Planning and Execution
- Assist in planning annual calendar of events, programs, trips and trainings for parents and volunteers.
- Assist in managing annual ministry budget for events and programs
- Prepare for weekly ministry programs- everything from production, communication, environment, partnership with other staff teams, volunteer roles, etc.
- Partner with choir ministry, and other groups on our campus related to your area of ministry
- Help plan big events such as mission trips, retreats, and outreach opportunities
20% - Staff and Ministry Area Meetings
- Attend weekly all staff chapel, church staff meetings
- Meet weekly with Director
- Meet weekly with Ministry Area Staff Team
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILL ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: At least one year of experience in Children’s or Student ministry work
- Knowledge and Skills: Intermediate to advanced level of Microsoft Office software
- Creative, energetic self-starter
- Able to work within a budget
- Exhibits relational and leadership skills
- Ease with speaking to large groups effectively, projecting joy, creatively and enthusiasm
- Loves Jesus, the people of HP Pres, the city of Dallas and the world
- Acts as an advocate of the culture and vision of HP Pres
- Christian Faith aligned with the beliefs of HP Pres
- Commits to and exhibits the Core Values of HP Pres
- We create value
- We actively grow
- We invest in relationships